Thanks to its applications, INOVA makes it possible to create connections that lead to new treatments and help this innovation-intensive industry build networks of partners that will address today’s biggest challenges.
INOVA’s customers represent 40% out of the Top 50 big Pharma companies (such as Roche, Bayer, Merck and more) and many innovative biotechs.
INOVA realizes 80% of its turnover abroad, with a diverse and multicultural team to match.
INOVA is looking for passionate and talented individuals to help us design and build a great experience for our users. So, we are currently recruiting a
UX Designer (H/F)
This full-time position is located in the Lyon, France area
What you will do
As a user-experience designer, you will be responsible for translating user stories into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes and will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
In this role you
- Own the strategic design (component and style guide) of our entire product suite (incl. web and
mobile modules, reporting…),
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences,
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes,
- Design elegant flows and interaction,
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces,
- Provide the product owner and product marketer with the material needed to run user testing and, if validated, organize development,
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
What skills we are looking for
- B.S in Design or equivalent, with a previous experience of 2 years or more as a UX Designer at a SaaS company. Preference will be given to candidates with experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments: desktop, mobile, tablet….
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and the like is a must
- Smart understanding of customers’ needs and requirements to design complete user experiences,
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and usability and accessibility concerns,
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Creative, autonomous and organized, customer oriented, you’re able to work on fast-paced projects, within constrained timelines and your positive mindset helps you to accept criticism