Position: Business Developer for the Inova Event business unit
Location: New York, USA
Reporting to: President Inova Software Inc.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Inova provides a cloud-based software and services for life sciences companies to better manage their partnering lifecycle. They find all their partnering information in one place, track their deals and alliances easily and report on their pipeline and activities in seconds. Over 110 life science companies, including 50% of the top 50 pharmaceutical companies, many midsize pharma, and innovative biotechs already use Inova.
Through our collaboration with the world’s largest biotechnology trade association, we also have developed a platform for matchmaking at conferences and events to revolutionize the way partnering is done. We now plan to further our reach and sell our proven matchmaking platform to other conference organizers and expand its use across the Life Sciences Events industry.
We are looking for a talented and competitive Business Development representative to develop this new market. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making business development calls, talking to Manager and/or Director-level contacts, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. This is a full-time position based in our New York office with up to 30% travel time.
What you will do:
- Effectively prospect, hunt, qualify, and close new business
- Develop a solid network of contacts in the Event/Trade Show industry
- Collaborate with the Inova professional services and marketing teams as well as external channel partners to build the pipeline and close deals
- Collaborate with the Inova professional services and product teams to provide inputs to the product roadmap
Are you a good fit?
- Two to three years’ experience in a Sales or Business Development position
- Good knowledge of the Event/Trade Show industry in the Life Sciences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience interacting with all kinds of audiences
- Customer- oriented, strong communication skills and presentation skills
- Self-starter, passionate, and a team player with a positive attitude
- Comfortable working with Salesforce.com as well as Microsoft Office productivity tools
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Strong desire to grow your role after having proved yourself for 18 to 24 months
Why you’ll love it here
We are a young, international company with over 50 employees counting 15 different nationalities. We are headquartered in Lyon, France, and operate offices in New York and Tokyo. We are looking for people who like to collaborate and will share our values. We reward transparency, honesty, and humility. We take pride in what we do, and happy customers make us happy. We’re changing the way the Life Sciences industry partners and we are doing it with innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies. If this sounds like an environment you can thrive in, join our team!