The BPPS are being provided to Business Concerns by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the District of Columbia with principal offices at 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20024, and Inova Software SA (INOVA), a French public limited company, registered in LYON trade register under number 434 448 866, headquartered at 50, cours de la République, Immeuble les Gémeaux 2, 69100 VILLEURBANNE (France). Hereinafter referred to collectively as “we,” “our,” or “us.”
The BPPS are provided to Business Concerns, and accepted thereby, through any natural person using our BPPS by means of an account the person created. Hereinafter referred to as the “User” or “you.”
We respect your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal information. We will take special care to protect the privacy and security of your information.
Business Concern – A business or legal entity engaged in the use of BPPS through a natural person (User), as differentiated from consumer users of the BIO web pages.
Personal Data (PD): any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Data: any electronic data and information submitted by or for the User to the platform and reasonably required to operate the Products and Services or collected by or for the User using the Products.
Business Partnering Products and Services (BPPS): Software and Websites of INOVA and/or BIO, including: Inova Conference, Inova Partneringplace, www.inova-software.com, and BIO One-on-One Partnering.
2. Data Processing Contributors
BPPS are published by INOVA.
INOVA can be contacted:
- by e-mail at : email@example.com;
- by regular mail at: Inova Software, 50 Cours de la République, Les Gémeaux 2, 69100, VILLEURBANNE, FRANCE
- by phone at : +33 478 27 9502
Head of publication : Mr. Gilles Toulemonde
2.2. Web Host
Data is hosted by:
Interoute Managed Services is a Swiss limited liability company, registered in GENEVA trade register under number CHE-106.841.122, headquartered at 2 Chemin de l’Epinglier, Meyrin, Geneva, CH-1217 (Switzerland).
Interoute can be contacted:
- by e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- by regular mail at :
Interoute Managed Services Sàrl
Chemin de l’Epinglier 2
- by phone at : +41 22 783 6300/6
3. Data Collection
We may collect information through your use of our BPPS and in off-line communications, in online forms, during sales interactions, or at other events.
As a user, you may visit our websites while remaining anonymous and without the need to reveal any Personal Data (PD).
However, certain portions of websites, including BPPS, may require providing PD and Data. We will use this PD to contact you with information that is relevant to the reasons for which it was submitted.
Collected Data can be:
BPPS User Profile: Company description; Therapeutic areas of interest; Financials; Contact Information; Company Assets; Company Services; Company Market Products; Company Management; and, any Content you upload into your BPPS User Profile. BPPS Network Interactions: A User’s interactions within BPPS such as, but not limited to, scheduling preferences, searches, accepted meetings, rejected meetings, messages, notes and tasks.
3.1. Data Hosting
Personal Data and Data collected through the use of BPPS are hosted by Interoute Managed Services.
Interoute Managed Services is a limited liability company, registered in GENEVA trade register under number CHE-106.841.122, headquartered at 2 Chemin de l’Epinglier, Meyrin, Geneva, CH-1217 (Switzerland).
Interoute Managed Services offers suitable safeguards and risk management processes formalized through a contract with INOVA.
3.2. Use and share of Data
By accepting this Privacy Statement, you agree with sharing PD and Data registered on BPPS with other Users and particularly other users of the BPPS whether companies or natural persons.
You agree that we may use your Data in a manner reasonably required to operate the BPPS. For example, if you become a User by registering for an event, submitting your Data on a One-on-One partnering platform you agree that your Data can be reproduced, replicated, published, displayed, disseminated, and downloaded and printed for personal use by all other Users of that event, and use of its BPPS. You also agree that we may use your Data for internal recording, analysis, research, product development and for answering your queries.
You agree that we may share your Data with companies performing services on our behalf (such as marketing, IT or delivery services) who will only use your Data to provide that service such as hosting and processing services.
3.3. Data Protection
We maintain appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect you against the loss or unauthorized use, alteration or disclosure of, or unauthorized access to, the PD and Data under our control.
Personnel accessing your PD and Data are trained and informed of the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of such data.
Other than as described in this Privacy Statement, we will not share personally identifiable information with anyone without your prior permission unless we believe in good faith that such release is reasonably necessary to:
(i) comply with applicable law;
(ii) enforce the terms of any of our agreements; or
(iii) protect the rights, property or safety of INOVA or BIO, our visitors, or others.
4. Rights to request the rectification (and erasure)
In accordance with French Data Protection Law of 6 avril 1978, you may, at any time:
- Gain access to your hosted PD;
- modify, rectify and erase your hosted PD;
- if justified by legitimate reasons, oppose the use of your P D or PD processing for marketing or unsolicited commercial communications ;
these rights do not apply to data processed for statistical purposes as it is an anonymous and globalized process.
To use these rights, you may contact:
- INOVA SOFTWARE SA:
- at the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- by regular mail at the following address : Inova Software, 50 Cours de la République, Les Gémeaux 2, 69100, VILLEURBANNE, FRANCE.
4.1. Data retention period
PD and Data of the User are retained during the use of BPPS, and until the suppression of the User account.
PD and Data may however be stored beyond this duration to be transmitted, if needed, to judicial authorities to enable criminal offences investigations.
When PD and Data is stored, the PD and Data will no longer be online but be subject to an anonymization process and kept on a safe and independent medium.
We may periodically use your e-mail or mobile phone number information for service, sales, support, and marketing purposes. We may use your personal information to provide the services you ask for, like delivering customized emails, newsletters, forms, documents, and reports. We may also use personal information for auditing, research, and analysis to run (and improve) the Products.
If you wish not to receive such messages, you may simply follow the opt-out procedure specified in such e-mail.
6. Applicable law – Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with French law.
Any dispute under this Agreement related to BPPS, whether contractual or not, that may arise among the parties in relation to their relationship under this Agreement shall be brought before the competent Courts of Lyon.
7. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 13, in compliance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA, please visit: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2010/03/coppa.shtm.
8. Social Networking Services
We have worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our BPPS. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience using our BPPS with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends that you are a user of our BPPS or about your use of our BPPS, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
9. Privacy Rights for Users in California, USA
We do not share information that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the User communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether Users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a User’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our BPPS.
10. Notification of Changes
Generally, you are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. You can browse most of our BIO Sites and view our content anonymously (except regarding some information like Google analytics or “informatics”). The type and amount of information BIO collects about you varies according to how you use the Services, BIO Sites or other BIO operations and events. However, we may ask you for (or collect from you) some or all of the following types of information when you access various content or features, submit information to us, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address;
- Demographic information, such as gender, age, income, and residency status;
- Geolocation information and zip code information;
- Communication preferences and information about your interests;
- Search queries;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
And, for example, we may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click within the Services;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Provide you with the Services or services, newsletters, and information you request;
- Respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about services that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform operational analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our operations, the Services, and other services we offer;
- Provide you with Services or services associated with, or notify you of, BIO advocacy, BIO courses, conferences or convention (“BIO Events”), BIO One-on-One Partnering™ (“Partnering”) and BIO Business Solutions opportunities;
- Offer (or report resolution of) contests, sweepstakes, programs, registrations and promotions;
- Enabling you to participate in text message and email advocacy campaigns;
- Enabling you to participate in Tweets, blogs, Facebook posts, and patch-through phone calling services (or similar services);
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
- As otherwise described, or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We seek to maintain your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect:
- Service Providers and Vendors: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions, Services or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill requests, provide services, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Stakeholders, Vendors and Members: We may share your information with our members, vendors and select stakeholders within related to the biotech industry. These entities may use your information to make predictions about your interests, to provide Partnering services, to facilitate your participation in BIO Events, and to provide you with special offers, promotional materials, advertisements, and other materials.
- Advocacy Stakeholders and Vendors: We may share your information with various advocacy stakeholders in the biotech or related industries to meet our advocacy goals and support our communication initiatives. These entities in combination with vendors to BIO may use your information to support these efforts.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
Note, online fora (e.g. blogs, Facebook postings, etc.) may be publicly accessible and other users may view information you post on them.
There are certain BIO Sites and features that require you to provide (voluntary and at your option) certain personal information before you may participate in the respective BIO Site (e.g., contest/sweepstakes; subscribe to newsletter). In addition, when you make a purchase, or sign up for a paid service, we will also collect your credit card information as additional personal information. We will use your credit card information only to complete the transaction you have requested.
Some personal information you have provided may be used in combination with other information obtained through other means. For example, we may use your name, company, and e-mail address provided to us online in conjunction with our membership records in order to provide you with a user name and password to access a BIO Site, forum, or specialized area. In other instances, an online inquiry about a purchase from us may prompt a review of an order placed by you over the telephone.
BIO also reserves the right to sell or license the use of information collected from the Services. However, it is our policy to not disclose externally with third parties personal information collected on our site, except in the following instances:
- The personal information provided to us may be transferred, disclosed, sold, licensed or shared with third parties to fulfill a request for our products, programs, Services or services and to those who may be engaged by us specifically to handle and deliver certain activities (e.g., sweepstakes) and perform other technical and processing functions, such as sending e-mail, fulfilling orders, or otherwise operating our sites. They receive access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Information provided to us through correspondence may be shared (as appropriate) with other interested parties, including our members.
- We also may disclose personal information to third parties (and our members) (1) when required by law or when the information is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings; (2) to protect and defend our rights and property; or (3) when necessary to protect our interests, our website(s), the safety of its users, or the public.
Other than as set forth above, we currently do not intend to share your personal information with third parties for other purposes. However, in the future, we may disclose personal information you have provided to third parties for additional purposes. In the event we do, we will provide notice of such use to our users as appropriate, i.e. to those that have allowed us to communicate with them.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 13, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA, please visit: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2010/03/coppa.shtm.
Information Correction or Changes
You have the ability to correct or change certain information in our records, such as your address and contact information. Generally, you may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. If you need assistance or have questions about correcting information, you can contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Mails or Text Messages
If you have provided us with your e-mail address or mobile phone number to subscribe to a Service or services, or to receive notifications or updates about one of our offerings, and you wish to change your address or no longer wish to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions that appear on our sites or in the e-mail or text message communications.
We have industry standard security procedures and best practices to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. Please note, any data transmission or storage cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services or services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
Consent to Transfer
In the event that BIO is acquired by or merged with another company, or in connection with the potential sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of our websites, BIO reserves the right to sell, license or transfer to a third party entity your information.
Privacy Rights for users of the Services from California, USA
We do not share information that we collect with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Services.
Social Networking Services
We have worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer social networking services through the Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
Notification of Changes
1201 Maryland Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20024
Tele: (202) 962-9200
Fax: (202) 488-6301